An integral part of the development in a company’s growth is the addition of facilities which improve an organisation. But more so, facilities that assure that GPs and patients receive a smooth service. We hope through the addition of these services, we move two more steps closer to achieving that goal.
Mediscan Services awarded ‘GOOD’ rating by CQC after inspection.
Mediscan Services commissioned and started GI, Liver and Endoscopy services in Bradford CCG.
- Ultrasound Services AQP contract started in London (Merton & Wandsworth CCG)
- Mediscan Services started using services of DOCMAN to deliver diagnostic reports
Nationwide Mediscan Clinics are now directly bookable via eRs.
We are accepting DVT Referrals now We have been successful in being Directly Bookable in Greater Manchester and are in process of implementing the next steps to do the same for all our other clinics in the UK.
- We are accepting referrals for MRI – Head, Neck and Cervical Spine. We have established two sites i.e The Manchester Institute of Health and Performance and The Wilmslow Hospital.
- We are also providing MSK – Physiotherapy Services in West Cheshire.
- We have a detailed Image auditing process. All images taken from scans are inspected by an external auditor.
- We have employed a Quality Lead for our current Mediscan Clinics who is responsible for assuring our clinics follow the same high standard and consistent procedure. Patients will be receiving SMS messaging reminders for their scans to reduce missed appointments.
We are in the final process of implementing EMIS. Now, GPs will be able to book patients appointments directly. The use of this system as a management tool will bring us not only technological advancements but improvements in administration. We hope this system will make the referral process even faster and more efficient for referring surgeries through an interconnected healthcare system. It will be online by Mid 2017.
We have established an Internal Business Development Team. This team will always be on the other side of the GP enquires line: 0161 337 8086. They will be ready to assist you with any issue or query you may have. Along with this, a GP support email has been established for further communications along with the telephone line: firstname.lastname@example.org. These communications are not only for surgeries and GPs but also for patients with any general queries.
Social media has grown to be an important part of an organisation. It allows an opportunity for a business to voice itself and hear various voices as well through many platforms. For these reasons, Mediscan has established a Twitter and Instagram account. These mediums are not only for patients and GPs, but to share and discuss with other healthcare organisations of relevant issues and pressing matters in our communities.
Affiliation with University of Salford. Mediscan is an approved partner with Salford University. Mediscan’s qualified Radiologist provide training to new students of Radiology.
Appointment Reminder: We have successfully implemented an appointment reminder system via system SMS and Email
IEP (Image Exchange Portal)
We can provide instant electronic transfers of ultrasound scans through an NHS approved secure network. Images of a patient’s scan can be made available throughout NHS Hospitals within the United Kingdom. This adverts any unnecessary repeat scans and most importantly, a patient’s previous Ultrasound history can easily be accessed anywhere in the UK. This assists in taking away any possible delays.